What is Composite Marble?
The flawless beauty of marble has made it one of the most sought-after design options for consumers out there. The state-of-the-art and intrinsic design is enhanced with the help of applying marble across different areas of home and commercial spaces. For instance, you can think of using marble for flooring or even marble-topped bathroom counters. Wish to know what are the best options for marble for designing your bespoke spaces or corners? Out of all options available out there, composite marble or engineered marble has a unique charm of its own. Let us know about this famous natural marble alternative in detail!
An Insight into Composite Marble
Composite marble is a human-made alternative to the natural form of the stone. It is a popular way to improve the beauty of any given space effortlessly. People nowadays choose marble countertops, wall cladding, and even flooring options while designing a new space or renovating the existing one. It is because of the inherent qualities of marble and the overall magnificent look.
Even with several options available out there, marble still remains a popular choice. While it is becoming difficult to source natural marble, the use of composite marble is gaining a huge impetus in the modern era. It is manufactured out of a blend of stone particles and resins along with pigments for generating the natural-looking patterns in a wide range of colors.
Composite marble is prepared by blending around 90 percent of natural marble chips along with polyester resin or color pigment. If you are looking for premium-grade composite marble surfaces, Johnson Marble & Quartz brings forth an extensive collection in a variety of patterns, colors, and designs.
Features of Composite Marble
Even though it is engineered, composite marble has a wide range of specialized features to deliver ample benefits.
- Amazing Properties: As composite marble is prepared with pigments and resins to bind the marble particles together, it is less porous, durable, and rigid. Moreover, engineered marble is scratch- as well as stain-resistant. Therefore, when you install composite marble surfaces across different areas of your home, you can remain worry-free about stains or scratches.
- Minimal Maintenance: To produce composite stone surfaces, Johnson Marble & Quartz makes use of top-quality resin binders. Therefore, the surface does not attract dust and dirt. The pigments used for binding marble particles with other materials make the engineered stone surface quite hard and durable. Therefore, premium-quality composite marble surfaces from Johnson Marble & Quartz are not easily breakable. Moreover, this marble variant requires minimal maintenance. With its scratch-free and stain-free qualities, you need to ensure minimal care and maintenance.
- Wide Range of Applications: Marble can be used a wide range of surfaces and corners. Whether you wish to install it in your countertops, flooring, or bathrooms, composite marble is a popular choice. Moreover, as it is human-made, it is available in a myriad of designs.
- Endless Options: Engineered stone is developed under controlled conditions. Therefore, they are available in a wide spectrum of designs, patterns, textures, and colors. Moreover, as stone surfaces are manufactured with the help of machines, it guarantees that the overall texture design remain the same throughout.
Composite Marble Vs. Natural Marble
While differentiating between the two, here are some factors to consider:
- Selection: Sourcing and selecting natural marble is a labor-intensive task. Moreover, upon natural extraction, there is no guarantee of coarseness or grains. On the other hand, with composite stones, the overall textures and tints remain the same throughout. You can tell Johnson Marble & Quartz about your choice and get customized results.
- Installation: Composite marble is a robust and durable surface. Therefore, the installation process is simpler and hassle-free. On the other hand, natural marble is slightly brittle. As such, there are higher chances of discoloration or damage during the installation process.
- Maintenance: Natural marble is porous. Therefore, it is more prone to cracking and chipping easily. Natural marble requires higher maintenance. However, as far as composite marble is concerned, minimal maintenance is required. Neither does composite marble chip easily nor does it stain.
Things to Consider Before Buying Composite Marble
If you wish to install top-grade engineered marble across different areas of your home, you should make a well-informed buying decision. Some factors to consider are:
- Depending on your requirements, you should choose the right color and texture of composite marble materials. For instance, the engineered marble material you choose for kitchen flooring should complement its entire décor.
- You can check the quality of the surface by checking if the finishing is intact. When marble surfaces are not polished properly, they could lead to discomfort.
- You should also check into the porosity level of marble surfaces.
- If you have a busy household, you should go for the one requiring minimal maintenance.
Applications of Composite Marble
Composite marble is a durable and beautiful material. Therefore, it finds its applications across different corners of your house -right from kitchen flooring to countertops, bathrooms, wall cladding, staircases, and so more.
Shop for premium-grade composite marble surfaces at Johnson Marble & Quartz!